If you don't believe in climate change, come to Los Angeles. Holy moly, has it been HOT here. 100 degrees in May is not normal.
The heat is fun for two reasons: increased reports of bears in backyards and an increased number of naked guys on Hollywood Boulevard. In case you're wondering: videos of bears are always adorable. No one takes videos of the naked guys, because the guys who get naked on the street are not the guys anyone wants to see naked. Anywhere. For any reason. Ever.
Fires break out periodically. They're put out quickly. Or not. The last big brushfire lasted a week. People only get concerned when it gets too close to their horses. And then they just move the horses.
When there's an earthquake (which is much more often than is reported in the rest of the country) there's an immediate explosion on Twitter of "Did you feel it???" The news anchors say the same thing. "Did you feel it???" so far, my answer is no, I didn't feel it. I have yet to feel an earthquake. Not that I'm eager to, but I'll feel like more of an "Angelino" when I do.
In the meantime, please note the subtle difference here between "windy" and "breezy"
TTFN


No comments:
Post a Comment