Saturday, December 22, 2012

Cold Saturday

Ha! Just kidding. It was slightly chilly and overcast, but nothing that could be described as "cold." I did see people walking around in hats and scarves. I've still got my New York blood, so I managed with a light jacket.


 
 

 

Headed out to Santa Monica Blvd. Went to the UPS store to check on my boxes. They're holding them for me till the day after Christmas. Then, I went to CVS. Party time!





There were three full aisles of hard liquor. All on the shelves. The only things behind glass were some pricey scotches and small bottles of Patron (which I guess could be easily shoplifted) The liquor store lobby must not be very strong here. This would *never* be allowed in New York. The CVS stores there have cheap wine and beer, but that's it.

One thing about L.A. that no one tells you -- it's very hilly here. I walked from Sunset to Santa Monica Blvd, and had to ask the guy at the front desk how to manage without falling down the street. He came up with leaving through the parking garage and walking down a less steep hill. It worked.

On my way back up the less steep hill, I saw plenty of these:



People here take their dogs very seriously. There's as many pet salons as human salons. Lots of varieties as well -- I saw a bunch of Terriers, a Chihuahua, a Goldendoodle, two Basenjis and a particularly stunning Weimaraner jogging with his person.

Okay, gonna go now and watch 'How The Grinch Stole Christmas.' I like to watch it in reverse, so it has a happy ending...


TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment